As a Member-Owner of the Montana Health CO-OP, you have a right to:
- Receive information about the organization, its services, its practitioners and providers and member-owner rights and responsibilities.
- Be treated with respect and recognition of your dignity and your right to privacy.
- Participate with practitioners in making decisions about your health care.
- A candid discussion of appropriate or medically necessary treatment options for your conditions, regardless of cost or benefit coverage.
- Voice your complaints or file appeals about the CO-OP, CO-OP providers or the care you receive.
- Make recommendations regarding the CO-OP’s member rights and responsibilities policy.
As a Member-Owner of the Montana Health CO-OP, you have a responsibility to:
- Supply information (to the extent possible) that the CO-OP and its practitioners and providers need in order to provide care to you.
- Follow plans and instructions for care that you have agreed to with your practitioners.
- Understand your health status and participate in developing mutually agreed-upon treatment goals, to the degree possible.
Montana Health Cooperative
P.O. Box 5358
Helena, MT 59604